Most blogs and high-traffic sites rely on advertising as a major source of income. This can include Google AdSense, AdSense Alternatives, Affiliate Ads, or direct sales ads. Many will encounter the only problem that advertising is a problematic monetization strategy to maintain and difficult to manage. Dealing with your AdSense code and WordPress theme can quickly become a nightmare for many. Have you ever tried to see how useful advertising on your site is?
Fortunately, there are many plugins on WordPress that you can install to fix your advertising management issues. And remember that you need to optimize your ads for mobile devices, too. According to a WordStream study, mobile ads have a 40% higher CTR than computer ads. Here is a detailed comparison of the top 6 WordPress advertising plugins that can help you increase your blog’s revenue by providing a better ad management solution.
Best WordPress Advertising Plugins
1. Ad Inserter
Ad Inserter is a popular advertising management plugin that allows you to easily place network ads in the best places in your WordPress blog. In addition to the content area, the plugin allows you to display ads above the headline, in the footer, between publications, etc.
Also check: How to display embedded ads
It also supports integration of AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) ads, so you can easily display ads on AMP pages.
Additional options included in the free version:
- 16 blocks of code
- Syntax marker editor
- Code preview with visual CSS editor
- Manual insertion: widgets, shortcodes, PHP function call
- Block alignment and style: left, right, float left, float right, custom CSS, no wrappers (leave the ad code as it should be, if not then it will be wrapped by a div)
- Clearing options to avoid inserting images or headers together
- PHP code processing
- Device detection by the server and by the client (3 customized viewports)
- Blacklist/white list categories, tags, publication ID, URL, URL parameter, referrers
2. Advanced Ads
Advanced Ads is another plugin that allows you to create and display an unlimited number of advertising blocks on your WordPress website. The plugin allows you to rotate ads based on a configurable weight of ads, allowing multiple advertisers to use one advertising space.
Because the plugin is based on WordPress standards, you can manage your ads in the same way as you manage your articles in your WordPress.
By installing the tracking plugin, you can track ads and clicks, compare statistics for different periods and much more.
You can also display ads based on many different factors, including browsers, devices, cookies, membership levels, and more. Some additional features include:
- Manage and place unlimited advertisements
- Schedule ads, duplicate ads and set expiration times
- Offer codes from any ad network or affiliate ads
- Google AMP support with premium add-on
- Inject advertising into any part of your content
- Sticky ads, pop-up advertising, etc. are also available as premium add-ons
This is one of the most successful ways to plan your advertising campaigns for several months. It allows you to create advanced time tables when your ads will be displayed.
With the free version of the plugin, you can create your own ads and track your ads.
Below are some of the advanced features that the version has to offer:
- Geotargeting: You can display ads on your website depending on the geographical location of your users
- Mobile ads: You can display your ads based on your users’ devices.
- Advertising campaigns: You can save time by allowing your sponsors to create their own ads. All you have to do is view the ads before they appear.
- Premium support: AdRotate offers ticket-based email support.
4. Ads Pro Plugin
The Ads Pro Plugin is a plugin for advertising management in WordPress, which helps you manage, sell and display advertising space in a way that no other plugin can. This amazing tool supports templates and a grid to show really compatible and convenient ads on your website. Show your banners, including Google AdSense banners, in more than 20 ways!
Some additional features include:
- 100% support for adaptive website design
- Geographic targeting
- Schedule ads
- Option to display ads for various devices (smartphone, tablet, desktop, etc.).
- Filters by categories and tags
- Show ads before / after / inside the record
- Launch parameters with X seconds delay
- Configure display for one user X times
- Super control panel for all advertisements in one place
- 25+ ready-made templates for displaying ads
If you’re looking for a WordPress advertising plugin that allows you to manage your own ad sales and clients, you can’t miss this plugin!
The WP-Insert Plugin is one more WordPress ads plugin that allows you to manage your ads and is optimized for Google AdSense. It is created by the SmartLogix Technologies team. It currently has over 30,000 active installations with a 4.5 star rating of 5.
Wp-Insert provides the following functionality:
- work with any advertising sites;
- inserting blocks before/after/left/right from content;
- insertion of advertising in widgets;
- hiding/showing blocks for authorized users;
- managing advertising blocks for mobile devices.
6. AdSense Plugin WP QUADS
The AdSense Plugin WP QUADS is an heir to the discontinued Quick AdSense plugin which used to be the most downloaded advertising plugin in the repository. It is written from scratch, with a solid foundation in its code and supported by the same team that makes the social networking plugin, MashShare. It currently has over 20,000 active installations and a 4.9 out of 5 star rating.
If you simply need to have active AdSense on your site, this may be the perfect solution. If you still use the old Quick AdSense plugin, it has a “quick import” option so you can easily migrate. One of the new features is that it supports Google AMP advertising. As with previous plugins, this one also has a free, premium version. Some additional features are included:
- Insert Google AdSense ads specifically or randomly anywhere in the publication
- Supports any type of Ad code, not limited to Google Adsense
- Displays a maximum of 10 ads per page
- Supports up to 10 ad codes in sidebar widgets
- Supports up to a maximum of 10 ad codes for a specific position and a random position within a publication
- Uses short code within ads
As you can see, Word Press is rich in plugins for convenient advertising management. Many of these plugins are absolutely free, but nevertheless very useful. You can expand and complement them with additional premium options such as Google AMP support and geotargeting. Moreover, more and more plugins are available every day with newer and more useful features.
About the Author: Robb Matox is a professional writer. Currently, he works as an editor at wowessays.com. Robb has expertise in various fields, including marketing strategies, web design, and data analytics. When he is not working, you can find him at the park playing with his dog or reading books at home.