If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of the following Sporty Pro Theme Instructions, please feel free to post support question on the Sporty Pro Theme support forum.
Log in to the WordPress Dashboard.
Go to Appearance->Themes.
Click on Install Themes.
Click on Upload
Browse the zip file of Sporty
Then Click on Install Now to install the theme.
b) Manual Installation using FTP
Download the Sporty from your email link
Unzip sporty.zip to your Desktop.
Using an FTP client to access your host web server. Go to /wp-content/themes/
Upload Sporty theme to /wp-content/themes/.
Go to Appearance->Themes and activate Sporty theme from Dashboard.
Sporty supports custom menu and you can set it by using the following steps.
Go to Appearance->Menus.
Give your menu a name and build as you require.
You can add pages, categories or custom URL’s.
Now simply select the theme location(Primary Menu in our case) for your newly created menus using a widget on the left. Afterwards, click Save.
See Menu Help for more information.
After installing the theme, your sidebars will be empty or have default widgets. These can be populated using the following steps:
Go to Appearance > Widgets.
You can drag and drop widgets in each of the positions.
See Widget Help for more information.
Note: This theme has some extra widget areas in the footer and custom homepage areas. These can be populated using the same steps as above.
Sporty supports Custom Header Feature.
Go to Appearance->Header.
Browse image from your computer and upload the image. Look at number 9 for recommended image sizes.
Crop the Image to suit.
Click on Crop and Publish.
Your website’s Header Image is now set.
The Homepage layout can be set by making a page and selecting “Custom Home Page” from the Template options.
– The top featured post (below slider and feature text) will appear when that post is set as sticky.
– Recent Posts. The latest 6 posts are picked up and displayed under the recent posts section. A featured image will have to be added for the thumbnail to appear.
– Homepage slider instructions are below.
A post category called “Featured” and with the slug “featured” will have to be added to your post categories. The slider will pick up the latest 6 posts from this category and the image if you have set a featured image. Look at number 9 for recommended image sizes.
As well as the Homepage Layout detailed above you also have the option to use other page layouts:
A full-width layout can be set by making or editing a page and selecting “Full Width” from the Template options.
A left sidebar layout can be set by making or editing a page and selecting “Left Sidebar” from the Template options.
Team Page Layout
A Team Page layout can be set by making or editing a page and selecting “Team Page” from the Template options. This will populate the page with your websites registered users details.
You can set various options through the wordpress admin customizer options. Appearance > Customize
– Sporty has 10 color options to pick from. Select the color you prefer for a live preview and click save when happy.
– Drop a file into the box or click “select a file” and browse to the image want to use as your logo. A preview of your logo will appear on the web page. Click save when happy.
Feature text area
– Enter your featured text here. This will display directly below the homepage slider
– Enter your social media links here and they will display at the top right of your website.
Header = 960px width 300px height
Logo = 300px width 44px height
Slider images = 960px width 300px height
These are just recommendations and there is some flexibility with sizes.